30 September 2015

I love creating custom paintings of what matters to people!

As an artist I'm continually inspired by the affection clients have for the subjects they commission me to paint. Whether it's their children, wife, husband, partner, parents, family wedding, marriage proposal, pets, home or favourite places, their love is infectious and gets right into the paint some how.

A custom portrait painting can be a spectacular way to celebrate those special people and moments in life.  They become family heirlooms for the future, enjoyed by us now when displayed on our walls or presented as gifts to family and friends.




Earlier this year my husband, H and I, joined our youngest son and his family at the seaside for a wonderful holiday.  We were on the coast of Cornwall in a tiny village called Mousehole.  It's where we used to go when our boys were small and we love it there!  This year life came full circle with our two grandsons paddling in the harbour like their dad did all those years ago.  Thank goodness I took a photo and now have the painting to keep the memory alive!


If you'd like to learn more about my paintings from photos, I invite you to a free consultation without obligation.  Just email me your favourite photos for me to assess, advise and discuss a picture you'd like me to paint within your budget.  You can see more information on How to Commission a Painting or visit my Etsy or Folksy shops.

Personal contact between client and myself is a vital part of my process because I like to learn as much as possible about the subjects I paint. It helps to bring extra insight. You will find work-in-progress images pop regularly into your inbox from start to completion of your painting, so you're always aware of how your commission is developing and can offer feedback. The work is therefore a collaboration between you and the artist, myself Bee Skelton. And your painting will only be shipped to you when it has received your final full approval.  In the very unlikely event that you are not completely thrilled with your painting (so far all my clients have been delighted) I will keep it to add to my portfolio and happily give you a full refund.


I use high quality primed stretched canvas or canvas board with artist quality oils or acrylic paints. Both are fabulous, but you need to know that they have different characteristics. Acrylic paint dries almost immediately, whereas oil paint takes much longer and time needs to be allowed after a painting is completed for it to dry before safe to ship. Therefore if you need your painting very quickly, please let me know and I may recommend using acrylics.  Just drop me a line and let's chat about it.































No comments:

Post a Comment